Decarbonising and Media Blasting of Fire Damaged Property in Swanage
Rainbow International Christchurch were appointed to carry out a decarbonisation of 2 loft spaces located in Swanage, that suffered from extensive fire damage.
On inspection we decided that media blasting the affected roof trusses would be more efficient and less labour intensive. This meant a RES soot lock wouldn’t need to be applied which would have been an extra cost for the customer.
Media blasting the affected areas provided a natural deodorizer and removed all carbon staining completely. Our works took 4 days to complete.
Our full scope of works entailed
• Decarbonisation of all affected areas
• Removal of all loose loft insulation
• Thermal fogging
• Media blasting of rear brick work
• Cleaning of all roof trusses
• Media blasting of all affected areas on the roof
• Cleaning of blockwork within loft space